Information about the Desert City Poetry Series, contemporary poetry & poetics, and poetry readings & events in central North Carolina.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Process Continued

One last thing to note to follow up my last post: my reading has a serious impact on my writing. My reading also has a huge impact on who I invite to read in the series, and often, my reading is determined by who I have coming in to read in the series. And vice versa in an endless cycle of interconnections.

So it would be no exaggeration to say that running the reading series is a fundamental part of my personal writing process.

Sometimes other things do sneak into my reading though like The Mind on Fire, an excellent biography of Ralph Waldo Emerson by Robert Richardson which I just finished reading after a year long stroll (the length of time is no comment on the quality of the book.) Sometimes it just takes a little while, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home