Information about the Desert City Poetry Series, contemporary poetry & poetics, and poetry readings & events in central North Carolina.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

DC Season IV: Sarah Manguso in November

Good news! Sarah Manguso and I have set a date for her reading:

Saturday, November 12th, 8pm at the Internationalist in Chapel Hill, NC.

Whoo-hoo! I'm very excited to meet Sarah and hear her read. The Captain Lands in Paradise is an outstanding collection, and she continues to put out excellent work. I first saw her work in the New Review of Literature, a poem called "What Concerns Me Now" that I immediately copied these lines from:


What concerns me know is the drag queen shouting her monologue at the sky
which is not so much "there" as it is visible to the tourists that walk under it.


I was struck, as I often am by Manguso's poems, with the deft folding of epistemology, metaphysics, and daily life -- intelligent and gritty.

At any rate, she'll be here November 12th -- mark your calendars!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, Mipo is having a reading that same weekend so I can't make it and Jenni and Jack are coming down that weekend. I would like to attend sometime though.

d.

7/2/05, 11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home