Information about the Desert City Poetry Series, contemporary poetry & poetics, and poetry readings & events in central North Carolina.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

HOLY CRAP! Hocquard!!!

WHOOO-HOOOO!!!!!

Emmanuel Hocquard is coming to the United States to read in the Desert City!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

This is so freaking cool -- Hocquard is really a genius. He's also been a huge influence on me as a poet for about a year now -- totally changed my focus with language.

This is really, really hott. I wish I could be more articulate. He's one of the greatest living French poets.

AND AND AND!!!! He's going to be reading with ROSMARIE WALDROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Forgive my over the top enthusiasm, but it's really late here and I've been trying to get in touch with Hocquard for months!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAW!!

Can I say? can I claim? that this is sort of really freaking big??

Anyhoo, I'm going to try to arrange a series of readings around the US for him while he's here. I'm thinking DC, Philadelphia, NYC, Chicago, Boston, Providence, and ????

If anyone is interested in trying to get Hocquard to their town, let me know.

WHOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home