Information about the Desert City Poetry Series, contemporary poetry & poetics, and poetry readings & events in central North Carolina.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Hummer (Of Course)

Was in DC this weekend and had much, much fun. Saturday night was the Nancy Kuhl and Elizabeth Willis reading courtesy those wacky and wild DC poets. Both terrific readers -- what fun and lots of good conversation afterwards about the benefits of observing others' attention and Writing from the New Coast. Then Sunday with Mom for mothers' day; I do have the best mom ever by the way. Then Sunday night with Brian and Ashley to see LCD Soundsystem play at the 9:30 Club -- loved it, loved it, loved it! Then getting up at 6 am Monday morning, so I could drive back to NC and put in a half day of work!

A photo essay with beer movies to be seen soon....

What fun -- I'd do it all again!

So I haven't really posted much about my recent tour; I have written about it in an interview that will be up sometime soonish though, so I think I'll just let that come out.

And what else, still working on setting up the West Coast tour -- looking pretty good so far: LA, Humboldt, SF, Portland, and a couple of maybes.

I have a Northwest swing shaping up for early October, a Texas leg for mid-September, and a Southern stroll for early November.

If anyone would like to have me out to read, I'm mostly willing to go just about anywhere.

And lastly, if someone would like a review copy of Key Bridge let me know -- e-addie on the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home